Well, here I am, in the world of the Blog. I've titled my Blogspot, "Highland Beads....What If?" because I make glass beads and "What If" is the question that leads me to try new things as I work.
I walk with friends every weekday. We walk 20 miles a week and we never run out of things to talk about. I should be able to come up with topics for this blog no matter what. Mostly I think I will write about my passion: Creating. But, because of the fact that I've never had a blog before, I won't know till I try it. I mean, I have to leave room for the "What If?"
I love Creating and for the last four years that love has focused itself on hot glass. I was a goldsmith for many years. I still have a studio full of tools and I do have a ring waiting to be sized tomorrow. I used to work in a jewelry store, then I set up my own studio and just did commissioned work. But when I discovered glass I was thrilled about the fact that I could try new things as they occured to me. I might start out with one idea and end up going in a completely different direction before I was finished. Or, I might look at one part of a finished bead and spend the whole day working on new beads that are based on one aspect of the finished bead. So, now I focus on glass and turn down jewelry work.
I keep losing this post and having to start over as I learn what I can and can't do so I'm going to wrap this up. More about "What If" later
You can see my work at www.highlandbeads.etsy.com
Friday, October 3, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment