


I discovered a couple new glass colors and have had fun experimenting with them. One is a glass which has lots of silver in it. The silver, when it is heated, creates various shades of blue and green. The other is a soft transluscent white. It makes a wonderful background for encased florals. It's a huge opportunity to enjoy the "What If" factor. It can lead me in new directions. The pictures above are examples of the two new glass colors. I want to point out that these beads you are seeing are the ones that "worked". There are at least four others that I was not as happy with but that's okay too, it's how I learn.
Enough time has gone by during my love affair with glass that I have been a vendor at a bead show 6 times. I have another one coming up in November. I've sold beads on Ebay and, more recently, on Etsy. Right now, I'm really focusing on Etsy. I love listing on Etsy, it's faster and the finshed page has a much nicer look to it. If you're not familiar with Etsy, you can go to www.etsy.com. If you want to see my shop: www.HighlandBeads.etsy.com I'm always interested in feedback!

No comments:
Post a Comment