

Here are some photos of the new beads that I wrote about yesterday. I have to figure out how to photograph them so I do justice to the way they look in person. They're very dramatic. I'm thrilled with these beads. I made a set of crystal shaped beads, some lentils, a tab, and a couple barrels.
These beads are a perfect example of the "What if.....?" factor. I made some floral beads with the black and silver but what I made did not turn out. The white flowers disappeared because of the silver foil. But I did see things that I liked about them. So I thought..... what if I skip the flowers and do a scroll design over the silver. And what if I add CZs? It was a creative journey. Don't give up when your first idea doesn't work or you may miss out on other ideas. Remember, when an idea doesn't work out like you hoped, it can still lead you down a new and exciting path. Try to quit criticizing yourself and look for the lesson in what you have just made. Be Positive.
It was 104F here yesterday, this is unusual for Oregon. My studio was 97F when I finished up in there. It was hot, hot, hot but I was mostly lost in my work. However, I was exhausted when I quit working. I put our 13 year old Labrador in the barn; where he could sleep on the cool concrete. When I brought him to the garage, I put a fan in there so it blew on his bed. And finally I put him in the cool basement. The cows stayed under the apple trees all day. I'm not going to work in the studio today because it is supposed to reach 105F today. It is supposed to start cooling down tomorrow night.

1 comment:
Hey- Isn't it fun making these crystal shaped beads? I love yours.
Post a Comment