


I'm still working on the jewelry for Urban Zen. I think I have enough beads. It's time to start making them into bracelets, earrings and pendants. But first....I had to make some new encased florals for Etsy and I spent some time practicing what I learned about working with very fine stringers of glass at Melanie Moertel's class. Melanie's work is bright and colorful and very detailed. I too love detail but in this case, I find that I'm keeping my designs very simple. I'm posting photos of the pieces I made yesterday. You'll see that there are mistakes, but practice, practice, practice is what it's going to take before I'm comfortable working with threads of glass that truly are not much thicker than a strand of hair. Okay, here they are. Remember, these are my "beginner" beads. I hope to gain more control with time.

No comments:
Post a Comment