Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bead Jewelry

Where did the time go? I've been immersed in the studio as I made sets of beads for the jewelry I need to make for Urban Zen. I'm finding this new task daunting but I have hopes that I'm growing in new ways too. It's like I'm preparing for a show, it's a fair amount of pressure. I keep telling myself that once I get this body of work done, I'll be able to relax. But the longer this takes, the more of my show stock I'm using on Etsy. I listed a bead yesterday and it sold in less than two hours. Selling these beads means I'll be really busy in September and October as I prepare of the next bead show I'm doing. I guess it's a good problem to have, I certainly appreciate the sales.

As I work on the "UZ beads", I've been taking time to experiment with my ideas of how to incorporate the things I learned in the Melanie Moertel class. Not that I can use these experiments in the jewelry I need to be making, but hey, it's all about trying new things and if I let this commitment to make jewelry become the total focus, without stopping to try new things, then I'll be on the path to frustration. So far the experiments look like they will lead somewhere good but they're bulky and need to be refined.

I keep reminding myself that creativity must stay fun and interesting to stay fresh and I must not feel guilty when I take time to experiment.

Keep having fun!

~J~

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Jennifer just found you...
we have linked to your blog...
it was so nice to have you here...
can't wait to see you again very soon..

all our love
mona & the gaffer girls

Highland Beads said...

Hi Mona;

I had SUCH a wonderful time at your house. You're a sweetheart with a great family and friends (and dogs!). Thank you for a dream weekend!

I'll be at the Flame Off, hope to see you all there!

Love
Jennifer